Thank you for Registering for the Arcadia Gathering to be held October 9-12, 2019 at Bear Creek Lake State Park in Cumberland, Virginia.
We should be contacting you by e-mail within the next few days to have you fill out an event Registration Form.
If you do not hear from us within a few days, please e-mail us using the e-mail on the registration web page.
Your payment is a flat fee that includes your registration fee, space for one 6-person or smaller tent, breakfast and dinner (lunch is on your own), and parking for the entire gathering.
Please note that oversize tents (larger than 6-person) and extra tents are an extra cost (separate PayPal button on the Registration page).
Please bring a copy of your PayPal receipt with you to the Gathering! While we should have this on record, this provides you with added verification should it be needed.
All registrations are non-refundable after August 15, 2019..
We look forward to seeing you at the Arcadia Gathering in October!!!
We are hoping folks will consider donating or sharing the following items for this event. We are coordinating with the campground and some of these items may already be available there. We will mark off items when they are confirmed.
- Extra camp chairs
- Extra fold up tables
- One or more medium or large canopy pavilions (for shade and in the event of rain)
- A statue of the Greek god Hermes
- A disco ball and some battery operated lights (for the social event)
- Your favorite disco, new wave, dance, and pop music from the 1970s and 1980s - CD's and MP3's (for the social event)
- A CD / MP3 player with Bluetooth streaming (for the social event)
- Some outdoor rechargeable or battery operated Bluetooth speakers (for the social event)
- Extra charcoal and firewood.
1. What kind of campsites are available and how many tents can I set up? Your registration cost includes space for one tent. Campsites are primitive.
2. If I don't like to tent camp, will there be other options? Not really, the campground is mostly set up for tent camping. We will have extremely limited indoor space available (at extra cost) for anyone with health or mobility issues.
3. Do I have to camp if I attend? You are not required to camp with us. You are welcome to secure your own accommodations nearby. We plan to offer a day trip option for folks who have opted for other nearby accommodations and for folks who live within easy driving distance of the campground. We encourage you to camp with us to get the most out of the weekend.
4. Are there options for RV's and camper units? The campground owners may allow a few off road RV's or campers (if arranged ahead of time). However the dirt road into the campground is narrow and there is no guarantee an RV or camper would be able to fit or navigate the road.
5. Can I pay at the gate? We will not be accepting at-the-gate registrations to this event. We need to have an accurate count of guests, tents, and vehicles ahead of time to determine needed food, supplies, and other logistical concerns.
6. Are there bathrooms and showers with hot water? Yes. There are two private bathroom stalls and two private shower stalls.
7. Do I have to be a gay or bi to attend? While our activities are aimed at Queer men, we welcome men of all orientations and masculine identified Transgender folks. We welcome men of all orientations who believe they would gain from the weekend.
8. Do I have to be Pagan to attend? No. We welcome all respectful seekers. Our activities and workshops are geared toward Pagan and earth-centered religions, and we will be hosting a few Pagan rituals during the weekend. If you are okay with this and if the topics of the weekend catch your interest, please do join us for the weekend. Most of us don't bite! We are hoping to offer a Paganism 101 workshop for Pagan newbies and for those who attend with their Pagan partners.
9. I'm a woman and I really resonate with the theme and topic of your retreat. Can I attend? We will not turn anyone away who feels they would gain from the weekend. That said, the focus of our weekend is brotherhood and our workshops and activities will be largely focused on gay and bi men.
10. Are vegetarian meals an option? Yes. One of the retreat planners is vegetarian so this is always a consideration. We expect to offer meal plans consisting of breakfast and dinner, with lunches on your own. For those meals we offer there will be vegetarian options. If you are vegan, have food allergies, or other diet restrictions, please let us know before the retreat and we will try to accommodate you.
11. In your side menu, you have "Arcadia" in front of each menu item. Wouldn't it be easier and more readable to leave the "Arcadia" part out? Thanks for noticing. Our website front end only allows unique names for menu items, and doesn't allow duplication of menu item names on different menus. This has something to do with database integrity. Because our website hosts more than one event with similar menus, including the name of the gathering before each menu item seemed the best way to go.
Registration for Arcadia 2020 will be available soon!
Early Registration (before May 15, 2020): $100.
Regular registration (May 16-October 1, 2020): $125
Day Trip Option: $50. Rate goes up to $65 after May 15, 2020.
We will not accept regular registrations or day trip payments at the gate. These must paid online in advance of the event by October 1, 2020.
Early and Regular registration provides full access to the Gathering and overnight tent camping space.
The day trip option is for folks who are not camping with us or staying overnight. This option is best for those folks who either live within reasonable driving distance from the campground or who plan to stay at a nearby hotel. This option is a flat fee that allows access to workshops and activities during the entire event, but does not include overnight accommodation at the campground.
Cancellations and refunds: If you have previously registered or preregistered and realize later that you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible. We will not issue refunds up after September 8, 2020 (exactly one month before the gathering).
Meal Plan: $50
A meal plan is being offered by the campground this year. The meal plan covers breakfast and dinner during the Gathering. Lunch and snacks are your responsibility. The menu will be posted on the Arcadia Meals page before the event.
Vendor / Organization Space: $10
We plan to have a vendor / organization tent available for vendors to sell goods and organizations to promote their groups, events, and projects. For additional details, please visit the Arcadia Vendors and Networking page.
If you have special needs, health or mobility issues, or a disability that prevents you from normal camping please let us know. We may be able to situate your campsite closer to the main camp and facilities. There may be an option for an extremely limited number of folks with health or mobility concerns to have an indoor space to sleep.
Please let us know if you have any specific dietary concerns if you purchase the meal plan. This includes whether you are vegetarian, vegan, or have any food allergies or restrictions. We will do our best to accommodate you, but we need to know before the event so we can plan accordingly.
- Your name and basic contact information (phone, e-mail, etc.)
- We will send you a registration form to the e-mail used when when you register. This will also include emergency contacts, allergies, diet restrictions (vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.)
Shortly after you register, we will send you a "Registration form" to the e-mail associated with your PayPal account. It will include the above questions, as well as ask for emergency contacts, if you have dietary restrictions, and so on. Please keep an eye out for this in your e-mail and complete and return it to us at your earliest convenience.
Includes access to the Gathering and overnight camping space during the event.
Rate goes up to $125 after May 15, 2020.
Day Trip Option
Don't want camp?
On a budget? Live nearby?
Got your own accommodations (cabin, RV, hotel)?
This option allows you access to the entire Gathering, but no camping or overnight stay.
Rate goes up to $65 after May 15, 2020.
The meal plan covers breakfast and dinner during the Gathering with lunch on your own.
Please let us know if you are vegetarian, vegan, or have any other food allergies or dietary restrictions.
Vendor / Organization Space
Space for you to sell your goods or promote your organization.
You are responsible for providing your own table and any needed equipment to tender money.
Everyone: A camp chair, clothing appropriate for the weather and shoes appropriate for hiking, sunscreen, insect repellent, a flashlight, bottled water or other drinks, plates, cups, and eating utensils.
Campers: A tent, sleeping bag / bedding, personal hygiene products, towel, washcloth, shampoo, soap or body wash, changes of clothes, etc. Lunch that you can prepare at your campsite and snacks (Breakfast and lunch are provided if you purchase a meal plan).
Tent decorations: You might consider decorating your tent space. This can include banners, flags, solar lights, or other items of personal interest or that relate to groups / communities that you belong to.
Optional: Glow sticks, extra snacks, car chargers and backup battery packs for your phones and electronic devices, notebook and pen to take notes, and a drum or other percussion instrument for the drum circle.
Items for the Community Altar: Items of personal significance to go on the community altar.
Other: Ritual garb is welcome. Consider a toga or costume to wear at the social / dance. Think nature deities and nature spirits - Faeries, Nymphs, Satyrs, Green Man, and so on.
Page 1 of 3